Wednesday, May 22, 2013


Hello Everyone,

Well this passed week has been pretty great! We had some really great experiences finding people. We also had some not so great times. The week really did not start off as well as we were hoping, because our most promising investigator's husband (a less active member) told us to hold off and wait a while. We were disappointed because she is so prepared and really wants to be baptized. It is really frustrating when people allow satan to harden their hearts. We will for sure keep trying to meet with her but all we can really do now is pray that their hearts will be softened.
 
Aside from that we had awesome success finding people that wanted to hear about the gospel. We found them through tracting and by visiting former investigators. One day we decided we were going to go visit all of the former investigators in Ransomville.  So we started visiting with the people that we found in our records and immediately found success. We visited this house where a lady that the missionaries had previously been teaching had died and now her daughter and her family lived there. They stopped investigating because they saw a negative video, but because of the recent death of their Mother/Grandma their hearts have been softened and they are excited to learn more about the church. Later that day we ran into another former investigator who for some reason or another just got dropped. He said the missionaries just stopped coming by. We are going to do some investigating to find him because he is living on the Indian reservation.
 
We are really excited for what is to come. We are working with a four investigators to get dates for baptism. I will for sure keep you up to date on those. The last cool experience this week happened when we were out tracting in a pretty affluent area. We were have no success whatsoever. We started heading back to our car when a teenage kid yelled at us and asked if we had knocked on his door. We said we had and then we told him why. He was surprisingly interested and for some reason he kept staring at me. He asked me after we had finished talking if we had met before. I told him I was from Arizona so probably not. You could tell that it was really bugging him and he was really trying to figure out why he felt like he knew me. This has happened to me twice so far and I am pretty sure it is no coincidence. I know I am here for a reason and I have really gained a testimony of this and come to know who I really am and what my purpose is for being on this Earth.

Love

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment