Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 15, 2013

Dear Everyone,

It has been a hectic week for me. I have had a lot of events that were very irregular. One of these irregular events was an exchange with the Zone leaders. I am not sure if the purpose of these exchanges are for my benefit or for my district but I sure needed a break from my regular routine. I believe  this exchange was refreshing for me because I was not having to be the sole motivator and could really just focus on doing missionary work. I sometimes get a little overwhelmed when it comes to my companion not wanting to dig in. However, after the exchange was over there was a new attitude that attended our companionship. It was such a blessing for me. 

Preparation Day - Fishing at a members house

I have been studying a lot this week about breaking off your sins/weaknesses through righteousness. I even had this great district meeting planned out and everything but like I said earlier this week was a fiasco. Our senior couple goes home tomorrow and they were part of the problem when it came time for district meeting. They have been really awesome and helpful but boy were they trunky! It was almost hard to be around them because they were so ready to go hahah. That is something I do not want to be like when it comes time for me to go. 

We had another funeral this week...everyone is dying! There have been about 12 deaths within the past month! Maybe this is the Lord preparing some people to hear our message? That was another "thing" to add to this week since We...the missionaries...are the worker bees of this branch. Ryan told me that he was always helping people move...well we are always burying people!! 

Aside from all of this the missionary work is going along at a slow pace. We are working on a few people right now to get them into the waters of baptism, but however much I would love to spoon feed them everything that they need. I can't. I am just praying for their hearts to be softened unto repentance! The important thing is that we keep teaching and finding!


Palmyra Temple Grounds


I did not even tell you half of the craziness of this week but to add on to it I will be finishing up my exchanges with my district this week! I get to go down to Gowanda. I am really looking forward to it! There are a lot of challenges that come from leadership positions but the joy comes once we are able to minister and to serve those that we are responsible for. Keep me in your prayers :) I am so grateful for all of you! 

Love,
Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment