Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October 21, 2013

Dear Everyone,

Another TRANSFER!!! 

First things first. The Progress in our area has been a little slow this week. Especially since two of the days we had to move out of our apartment by ourselves, into the (previous) Senior couples place. We also had to clean like I have never cleaned before! It was gruesome and exhausting. I am really thankful that is all done with. On top of that we (Elder Wood and I) had to make 130 Navajo Tacos for the youth Super Saturday. We got volunteered because Elder Wood is a pretty good cook and used to sell fry bread back home! So we spent all day Saturday making Fry Bread! I still smell like those dang things!
 
So when we did have time to do "real" missionary work we had some pretty good success! We taught our most progressing investigator and it went really well. She has agreed to fast and pray about setting a date for baptism! So I think we will be having another baptism sometime this month! I am super excited for her! Her name is Jessica, she is Polish and has had some rough times, she is in the process of separating from her husband with her two boys (5 and 7 yrs). She is very sincere and knows the Church is true! I really can't complain about not having success because I have been blessed so much since I have been out here. Success is a Gift from God, given when we prove ourselves worthy of it. 

I also had a lot of crazy things happen this week. By crazy things I mean Miracles. One of the miracles was while I was on an exchange with Elder Ivie. We were trying talk to a member about setting up a time for dinner that day. Of course the service on the Rez is terrible so it dropped our call! So we pulled into the first driveway we found, to turn around, and as we were about to flip around some man starts walking toward us. My initial thought was "great we chose the wrong driveway! Now we get to get yelled at by some big Indian." Well that was not the case! We rolled down our window to hear what he had to say. The first words that came out of his mouth were "Elders! I knew you would come!" Haha talk about a shocker! We just kind of went along with it and said "oh yeah, of course!" We asked him what his name was and found out a little more about him. It was a very interesting conversation considering the fact that he thought someone had told us to stop by or something like that. It was the strangest thing. As we drove away Elder Ivie and just started laughing at how we were both scared that we would get yelled at. It just goes to show that we really should not judge people, the Lord works in very Mysterious ways, and that when we are on the Lord's errand we have nothing to be afraid of! It was a powerful experience!

This week was the last week of this transfer! I can not even believe that I am on my 6th transfer! We got the transfer calls last night and I found out that I will be getting a new companion! Elder Hadley. I guess he is from Mesa, AZ? I guess President wants to keep the Arizona boys together to keep them safe from the Utah boys haha or something like that....

Along with this transfer "thing" that is happening I am a little nervous (more unsure than nervous) about how things will go without Elder Wood, my indian peacemaker with me! Elder Hadley has only been out for 1 month! So it is going to be an interesting but awesome experience! 

We are supposed to get our first official snow this week as well! I am trying to be optimistic  :) it will be easier now that I have my big winter Jacket! (Thanks Mom and Dad!) 

Well keep praying for Missionary Experiences! They will come and you will be blessed! 

Love

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment