Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/16/13

Dear Everyone,

This has been a really good week to learn and to grow. I sure feel I have been tried and tested and put back in the place where I need to be. I had a rough few days in the beginning of this week but I know it was for my benefit since I was going to be giving my first Training as District Leader. Just another testimony to me that Heavenly Father does see fit to try and test us so that we can be equal to the tasks that are to come. I hope I did an ok job, but if not, I know that the Spirit was there and that's who should be teaching. So my biggest lesson learned came from 1 Corinthians 2:9. There is so much in store for us and all we have to do is Love God and keep his commandments and everything will go just right! 

The real highlight of this week was yesterday! I love Sundays more than any other day. Especially when we have firesides and priesthood meetings. Now before I came out here I don't know if you would have ever heard me say that but I love meetings. Every church meeting we have can be such a Spiritual experience (especially Sacrament Meeting) with the proper preparation before hand. We had a Stake Priesthood meeting and there was some pretty awesome things shared there. Our stake president out here is such a Giant literally and Spiritually (He and President Francis are 6'7"-6'8"). The meeting was all about Hastening the Work and really letting us know that the Lord IS hastening and the time is now to open up your homes and let people feel the Spirit that we have. Lots of scriptures were shared but a few really stood out to me. Proverbs 29:18, and 1 Peter 3:15. 

We all need to go out and get more knowledge and light so that we can have more to share! Because when there is no vision (revelation/knowledge) the people perish! Proverbs 29: 18

We all need to be praying and asking Heavenly Father the question "How can I share?!"

Well that was about it for this week! 

Love you all,


Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment