Tuesday, September 24, 2013

9/24/13

Dear Everyone,

What a week! I just now realized this week how much God has to teach me and well its pretty overwhelming. I was able to overcome this feeling of being overwhelmed through lots of prayer and fasting. It is good to know that Heavenly Father always provides a way out of a situation it just takes some effort on our part. 

I was most overwhelmed this week by all of the people that we were teaching and their lack of progress. It gets so frustrating especially when you think you are doing all you can to help them. Well God answered my prayers! We decided to go out and to try and find more people we could teach and who would accept the message of the Restoration. This is when the cool experiences started to happen. Since we have had very little luck when it comes to getting refferals either from members or non members we decided we were going to just do all we could do and let the Lord do the rest. 

So we went out and started walking, knocking, and talking to as many people as would hear us. We did this for about 4 hrs. We were in this little town called Farnham and we walked to the very edge of the town knocking on every door along the way. We got to the last few houses and decided since only two people had opened there doors we would do one more house and turn around. So I pointed to a house down the road and said "lets do that one" because there are actually vehicles in the drive way. So we went there and guess what! Some one answered. It was a guy named Guy. We immediately started teaching him about the Restoration and we stopped to see his reaction after we were finished and he just kept staring like he wanted to learn more! So he told us to come on back and we could teach him some more. It was a pretty neat tender mercy that we were able to find him. That after all we could do on the very last house God chose to bless us! 

It is just proof that God really does see the big picture and all we have to do is trust in Him and do all we can and He will accomplish His purposes through us. So when you feel like you don't know why things are happening and you feel like nothing you are doing is working just be patient. The time will come and all will be right. Its also important that we listen to the Promptings/thoughts that come as we are doing our best because if they are good they are from God! 

SO just a side note...I have become quite the singer since I have been out here. I have been in three special musical numbers in my last area and here, my companions and I have sung in church (by ourselves...and in a small mens group for a stake fireside...and now church choir). Not saying I am any good but it is just something I would not have done before my mission. It is weird what kind of stuff you will do while you are out here. What a life :) We are moving the work right along up here in NEW YORK. As my Mission President always says Green Ambition My Whole Mission! Nothing like being one of "those missionaries" that is always pushing the rest! My poor companion gets tugged out of bed a few days out of the week to go watch me run, I sort of feel bad but not really :) I am happier than I have ever been!

Thanks so much for all your birthday wishes! I had an awesome Birthday! 

Love,


Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment