Sunday, December 15, 2013


December 9, 2013
 
Dear Everyone,

It has been a rewarding week! We had such great success finding people and teaching them! We have been blessed exceedingly. If I had to choose a part of missionary work that I liked the best and felt was the most rewarding...I would probably say finding new people after following an impression from the Holy Ghost. There is nothing better than that.
 
Some other cool things that happened this week.... This week for district meeting I gave a training on Success and setting Goals. At first I was a little timid about this one because we had something similar the other month for a Zone Meeting. However I felt impressed to give it this week. So I did and it went really well. We were able to even set some District Goals. Which I feel, will allow God to work more powerfully through us. The goal involves us opening our mouths and teaching which will help us find more people and increase the Baptisms in this area. Back to the District meeting...we had an awesome experience setting goals and discussing what success really was. Following this, in our next Branch Council meeting, we received a letter from the Stake Presidency that said we needed to set goals to increase the number of converts and bring more people back to activity. Ironically enough we also talked all about what success was. It was a pretty sweet experience to feel the Spirit testify and give me a witness after the trial of my Faith that I was led by the Spirit. God is good. 

On to the bad news...I have been pretty itchy this past week all over my ankles...yeah you know what that means...FLEAS. I realized this while I was reading the ensign a little bug hopped onto the page I was reading. I tried squishing it, well, they are pretty tough boogers to squish! When I did it squirted blood all over. I guess it had a good snack. I would say that I was pretty grossed out and scared to sleep in my bed but I really was not bothered too bad, I must be pretty by the time I get home or something. We have not yet found a solution to the problem so until then I will have to deal with the itch. We are thinking one of those bug bombs!? Aside from that all is well. I am rolling with the punches as they come and learning a lot about my Savior and His plan for me. I sometimes get a little nervous about the future and what challenges are ahead but the phrase Be Still and Know that I Am God comes into my head. Sometimes we need to just be still and know that He has a plan and it is one of EXTREME Happiness.

I love you all!

Elder Bevan

P.S. Shout out to My Fellow Sister! I was pretty excited for her when I heard that she received her VISA (Christmas Present:) GOD is Good! Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment