Monday, December 16, 2013


 
 
 
Yes I am in my slacks and everything :) 

 December 16, 2013
Dear Everyone,

This has been the fastest week of my entire life. There has been a little bit of everything! To start this week off we had a blizzard that pretty much blew us away. My companion and I were on exchanges with the Zone Leaders when it happened (of course) so all four of us were cooped up in our little apartment for the day. Of course, we did not stay cooped up for too long. We had a little bit of fun in the snow but after things started to clear up and the roads were plowed we went back to work. As we were driving to do some (last minute) finding in Angola I received a call from the Assistants to the President (APs). They invited me to Zone Leader council all the way down in Rochester that next morning! This is really weird for a few reasons #1 because I am a district leader #2 because there were only three other district leaders asked to go. Anyways it worked out perfectly because I was already with the Zone Leaders and all I had to do was pack my stuff and head out! Sounds simple, right? Well, not really because the storm came back as we were driving to Rochester (which normally is a 2 1/2 hour drive). The drive ended up taking close to 4 hours! We could only go about 20 mph for most of it because we could not see anything! We did however see our fair share of accidents. They seemed to follow us all the way to Rochester.
 
After we finally arrived, all of the Zone leaders (and the 3 other district leaders) slept at the mission home. It was a pretty fun night. The next morning was the interesting part however...we were on our way to the meeting when all of the sudden we went through the intersection and got T-Boned!! It was a pretty unreal experience.... Mostly because none of us felt anything when the Van hit us and it was probably going at least 30 mph. To add on to that, the truck we were in had minimal damage. Talk about a miracle. We were definitely watched out for and preserved for a good reason.
 
 It is safe to say that we experienced a lot of opposition on our way to this meeting. Maybe because it was one of the most insightful and uplifting meetings I have had. It has changed the way I look at missionary work. We learned a lot of information about physical things and spiritual things pertaining to missionary work. I wish I had a way of showing it to you through email but that would be impossible. However if we will just BE STILL and trust in God all that He has in store for us will happen. I have had many experiences this week that I believe are preparing me for what is to come.

As you can tell I spent a lot of time away (3 days total because of inclement weather) from my companion. This made our week a lot less productive in our actual area but we have the tools now to make it better than it ever could have been before. Good things are happening in this area. Many hearts (both member and nonmember) are being prepared and we are being led to those who are ready to receive. I am so grateful that I do not have to shoulder alone all of my responsibilities.
 
Life is good and I am happy. What more could you ask for? I have a strong testimony that this is the last time that our Father in Heaven will send us out to prepare the vineyard for His coming. We need to watch and pray always for ways that we can fulfill our responsibilities as His servants. 

O be wise; what can I say more? Jacob 6:12

Love you all! Have a merry merry  CHRISTmas season

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment