Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 23, 2013

 
A little p-day fun
 
 
Dear Everyone,

Merry Christmas to all of you!
 
This has been a good week of GOOD hahah. SO much has taken place that I can not even begin to think where to start. Well I will start with something that has really helped me out this week. It is a pattern of thinking and preparing that can be found in almost every aspect of life and when it is applied there is no way that you can be unprepared! It goes like this: 1. Review, 2.Discuss (step 1 and 2 help you obtain a vision of what needs to be done and what your standing is) next 3. Set goals, 4. Make plans. When you apply these 4 simple steps to something that you want to accomplish (whether it is preparing to teach, teaching, cooking, cleaning....whatever) you will be successful. You may think that you do these things already (so did I) but once you take the time to do it step by step you change the way you perform! 

Some of the blessings that I have received this past week range from finding people that have been prepared and led right into my lap (this may be my favorite missionary experience/feeling that we missionaries get to experience) all the way to an amazing turn out at our first annual Christmas caroling event. This week we found two very solid investigators that we met with and taught. We taught them a "new way" that was shown to us by the Head of Proselyting at Zone Leader Council. It works like a charm when applied and prepared correctly! It uploads the Spirit as opposed to downloading the doctrine! That is the key to success as a missionary.

The two people we found this week that are prepared are both Native American and have some strong ties already to the church! They have had their hearts softened to the message of the Restoration. I have no doubt in my mind that they were just waiting for my companion and I to learn how to "really teach" the Restoration by the Spirit. We found one of them while shoveling snow. Ok a little background to this story. The day before our HUGE blizzard I prayed and asked for it to snow like crazy so that I would be able to know if there was someone that needed to be found by us shoveling or doing service. Well that prayer was answered!!! The other investigator we found by shoveling snow as well. God is really aware of us and sometimes allows us the opportunity to look forward with a perfect eye of Faith! :)

I am sorry that I do not have more time to explain and answer all your questions but I hope to be able to talk with most of you and answer questions as we are skyping! I love you all and pray for you everyday! I just pray that the Spirit may be always with you to keep you in the right path!

Love,

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment