Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1/13/14

Dear Everyone,

Well guess what? Transfer week (AGAIN). I totally forgot that Transfers were this week! It is pretty crazy to think that I have been out 10 months today. Time flies when you are where you are supposed to be and are working hard. Anyways...transfers...I got a call last night about 10:47, which I was prepared for, except when I looked down and saw that it was President Francis and not the Zone Leaders. Long story short I have been called to be Zoned Leader of the Rochester East zone. I am a little nervous, not because of being called as Zone Leader, but because my zone has the Assistants to the President and President Francis in it. It is going to be an awesome experience. I will be serving in the Irondequoit area, which is supposedly the ghetto, so that will be a change :) I am really excited about this, it will be a blessing for sure.

 
Steven & his new companion

This news makes this week a little bitter sweet. Mainly because it was a pretty successful week. We were able to help two of the people we have been working with a lot prepare themselves to be baptized the 25th of this month. I promised them that I will make it to their baptism so I am really hoping that I can keep my end of the bargain! I will be taking pictures today of the people that we are working with so you can actually see them :).

One thing that I am not going to miss when it comes to this area is the weather. This week we had to stay inside for two days because of FREEZING COLD weather. It got all the way down to -41 degrees on Tuesday, but guess what? On Saturday it was 48 degrees and raining! I am still in shock. My body is pretty messed up. I get really hot and start to sweat now when our apartment gets over 65 degrees. I guess that is
just how Western New York rolls.

Well I have experienced many miracles this week. I think the most memorable one was last night (maybe because it just happened?) It was a usual night of visiting people and trying to find new investigators. Well, we decided to go see one of our investigators that is working to overcome some addictions. When we got to the driveway of his house we felt like it was not the right time. So we began to brainstorm where to go next, since we knew God brought us to this place for a reason. We eventually thought of this woman who had been referred to us by a member. We drove to her house (which was 3 doors down from where we were) and knocked on her door. She welcomed us in (luckily her son was there so we could go in!) and we began to talk. Well she told us some things that had happened to her this past week and told us that we were an answer to her prayers. We were able to resolve some of her concerns (her main one was, Who Is GOD?) and help her come to know that the Book of Mormon will answer those questions. I am so thankful for my knowledge of the Book of Mormon and have made a commitment to receive a witness everyday of it's truthfulness so that way I can truly testify of it with power. I know that the Book of Mormon gives us answers to our prayers, and through the Spirit, it will tell us ALL things that we should do. I am so grateful for the changes that are taking place in my "outside" missionary life but I am even more grateful for the changes that are happening to my "inside" Spiritual life. God has been good to meI am so grateful for all that I have been given because I have been given so Much. 

I will let you all know my address when I get to my new area up in ROC City.

I love you all,


Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment