Saturday, January 18, 2014

January 6, 2014

Dear Everyone,

Sorry about not getting my last weeks email out. I was slacking. It seems like my missionary life is kicking into another gear as time moves on. I used to have days or even weeks that I felt just dragged by. This is not the case as of now. I feel like more and more responsibilities are being placed on me as time goes on and I am able to find more an more ways to spend my time being productive. 

For example this week my companion and I found two new investigators who are "prepared". In just one week they were both committed to a date this month and have been taught all of the lessons. We are working with one of them on the word of wisdom but aside from that they are both ready to be baptized (our other investigator that was supposed to be baptized last month is working on setting another date, so we have a chance of 3 baptisms this month (fingers crossed)). It was such a blessing to stumble upon them. We also had 10 member present lessons which is unheard of in our area. We are finally learning the principles of teaching for conversion. 

Along with all the teaching and finding opportunities my companion and I were asked to give a training in Zone Meeting on Motivation and Confidence. Which I personally think is weird that they would ask us. Along with that we had to prepare for our monthly Missionary Fireside that we give. It was a little bit stressful trying to prepare enough so that we could feel comfortable teaching. I thought teaching in the beginning of my mission was scary. Well it only gets worse when you are teaching a large group of people.

The biggest lesson that I learned this week would have to be don't pray for humbling experiences if you don't want them :) Our missionary fireside this week was humbling for me. It was humbling because it did not meet my expectations (which I have come to realize those "expectations" were prideful). I wanted it to be something "magical". Something that would shock and awe. Instead it was a simple and humble declaration of truth. This is what humbled me the most because despite how well (or how poorly) we performed the Spirit was still felt. I have a testimony that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass and that feeling the Spirit in this world that we live in is a GREAT THING! I know this church is true because it is moving forward and filling the hearts of the children of men, despite the weaknesses of mankind. 

I love you all thanks for being my support!

Love,

Elder Bevan

 

P.S. We have not had a lot of snow until TODAY!! It has been blizzarding all day long so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment