Monday, February 3, 2014

1/20/14


Dear Everyone,

This has been one of my favorite weeks as a missionary. It has not been without personal challenges, but the greater the opposition the greater the victory. It was quite the experience leaving Cattaraugus and coming all the way out to Rochester.
 
Talk about a change in lifestyle. I actually have to drive in traffic now! That however has been one of the less significant adjustments I have had to make. I already know what the biggest adjustment is that I have to make and it is not going to be a cake walk. Being a normal missionary is easier because you are only responsible for loving your companion (by the way missionaries are harder to love than the people, at least for me). However once you are called to a leadership position your circle of love has to grow. Well at this point I am working on my circle of love hahahah :) It has been good so far and I have had really no problem with it.
 
The zone that I am over is the smallest in the mission, with missionaries and geographical area. However it is the best zone in the mission :) In our district we have the AP's, the Zone Leaders (us), the Sister Trainers, and our District Leader. There is only one missionary without a leadership position and he is a visa waiter. So it is a very interesting meeting when we all get together. I have not yet had the chance to meet the whole zone yet, but I will be giving my first zone training tomorrow so wish me luck or better pray for me :)I hope that covers most of the questions that you might have about what is going on in my new area.
 
I am trying right now to get a ride back to my old area so that I can baptize an investigator we have been teaching. She asked me last week to baptize her so now I am working on finding a volunteer to drive me 2 and 1/2 hours down there and back...this one I could use some luck :)

So I want to share a miracle that happened this past week. It was my first day as Zone Leader. My companion and I were stopped on the side of the road so that we could make a phone call to the sisters to give them a headquarter referral. My companion was on the phone talking and was giving them the information on this referral when all the sudden I had the really bad feeling come over me. I immediately gave my companion the cut it sign and told him to stop because of this really bad feeling I was having. Well he did and quickly told them we had to go and that we would talk to them later. After he hung up I told him what I felt. We talked about it for a little and did some investigating to see what the matter really was. Well come to find out this referral was a fake and was a trap to get missionaries. Anyways. I felt a huge mantel of responsibility come over me after this. I was so grateful for this experience. It taught me a lot and helped me see how important it is for Leaders to have the Spirit. I know that I am unequal to this task but I am qualified through my righteous living. 

 
 
Another awesome thing that happened this week was we had a baptism! It seems like I always walk right into baptisms. Haha I was able to help teach this young man the last few times before he was ready for baptism. It was such an awesome experience. I love this man. He is such a stud and is so ready to experience the blessings of the Restored Gospel Of Jesus Christ! Back to back baptisms this week. You just can not get much better than that :) 

Well time is almost out! 

Love you all. I will work on sending pictures sometime :)

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment