Monday, February 10, 2014

2/10/14
 
Dear Everyone,

This has been an eventful week. I think the first and biggest event would be our new IPADS. These things are crazy. Of course they are very secure. For good reasons. The only things that we can use on them are Facebook, email, gospel library, and some other church websites. They have already been way useful in our missionary work (we have used a few mormon messages in our lessons). The worst part right now is transferring all of our Area book into the data base. Aside from that they have been pretty exciting. Hopefully we will be able to buy them at the end of our missions.

Another cool thing that happened this week was that I was able to go on another exchange with the Henrietta District Leader (who just happens to be my trainer). I thought it would be a little bit strange. However it turned out to be a very spiritual experience. We were able to find a new investigator and teach him very powerfully. There is no better feeling than teaching people and they just get it!. So I guess all is well that ends well.


We also had our mission Leadership Council this week (that is where all the Zone leaders and Sister Trainers get together and council on certain topics that the mission President assigns). That experience right there was a very interesting one. I have never really been on a council before and had to discuss "certain" topics. It was a great experience but I can not say that I am super comfortable with the idea of it yet!

This week we have really been working our hardest to "Find a Family". This has been the emphasis of our mission President. We have of course been working with our normal investigators still. Who, by the way, are doing really well...however we have not yet had a chance to meet with dad's referral again. They have been playing hard to get but that is ok because I am pretty persistent and they are pretty sincere just way busy. 
 
Anyways. My companion and I have been given success this week. I believe that it is mainly because Heavenly Father is very merciful to us. The reason why I say this is because we have been trying our hardest to find "effectively" (in other words...working with the members) and it just is not working. So we made the decision to go back to the old way of Banging our heads against the wall aka tracting but with a twist. I call it member tracting. We basically go to every members neighborhood and knock on their door and tell them we will be tracting their street and that they should point out a few houses. Turns out we were able to find a family! We basically had to beg the members to give them to us but a referral is a referral. I have learned that referrals out here are earned not given :) It was a great experience for us and also for the member. 

Important lesson for this week. "Sometimes action proceeds the desire"

Thanks for all your support! love ya

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment