Monday, April 22, 2013

4/22/2013


Hey Everyone
   It has been a good week up in New York. I had a lot of learning experiences and walking this week. I have been going on companion exchanges a lot since the end of the month is rolling around and my companion is the Zone Leader. It is good for me to go out and experience how other missionaries do missionary work (whether good or bad). I am starting to learn that patience is a virtue and you get a lot of practice out here perfecting that.

    I had the opportunity to give a talk this past Sunday. It went pretty well at least I think it did. The topic I was given to speak on was being anxiously engaged. I am not sure if it was the Lord telling me to work harder or what! I did however learn a lot from it and am grateful for some of the chances I had before my mission to experience this.

    I did have a unique experience this week. My companion and I got invited with another companionship to go to this bible study in the ghetto. It was held in this unfinished basement that had pit bulls running around. We (the missionaries) were the only white faces down there. At first I felt a little uncomfortable and out of place when everyone started yelling AMEN! But all the missionaries were invited to go up and bear testimony. It was cool to be able to add insight to their beliefs and share a little more knowledge that they did not have. All around it was a really neat experience and we gained a lot of new friends.

   I just wanted to thank everyone for all their support and encouragement it really helps me keep working hard and pushing along.
Love Elder Bevan

 
Elder Bevan's New Apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment