Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 8, 2013

Dear Everyone,

   It has been a great week up here in NY, but pretty darn cold. The weather up here is so weird! We had a white out just the other day (blizzard of Doom) but nothing stuck? It was pretty interesting. Ok aside from the weather the work up here is pretty interesting itself. Like I said all of our investigators are single ladies over the age of sixty and I think they just have us over because they think we are cute.... Yeah we have really been praying for some male investigators and you know what? We got one! So that is pretty sweet. A lot of our work up here is re-activation. The key to finding success with this is the love that you show to these struggling members.
   General Conference was absolutely awesome. Never before have I sat for ten hours, my eyes glued to the television, and learned so much. Every question I had was answered and even questions that I thought I knew were answered. Lets just say 12 pages of notes later. I have a lot of studying to do now however, but that is the fun part.
   So my companion is one of the Zone Leaders I am not sure if I said this before but this means we have a truck (not a car) and we also get extra miles. Sounds good right? Well it is except we have a huge area and we run out of miles within two weeks... Oh well because walking is really fun especially when we get to talk to all the people and tell them how really "un-set" they really are. My companion and I have made two goals this week they are to testify to everyone and to ask everyone for referals. This sounds simple but when someone tells you to "get out of here" and "don't even" you really struggle to say "who do you know that would benefit from hearing our message?" haha all is well. 
   I have come to the realization that this is the place I am supposed to be. Lots of lessons I will learn in the next two years and boy am I excited. 
   I did receive your package mom and Mindi's letter so thank you so much!!!! I really enjoy receiving mail ;) So get the address from Mindi it got here just fine :)

Love,

Elder Bevan   

No comments:

Post a Comment