Wednesday, August 7, 2013

7/29/13


 

 
Dear Everyone,

I can not really express to you right now all of my feelings. It is the end of transfers, meaning that it is the end of my stay in Lewiston. We received the call last night around 11:30 from the zone leaders. I will be transfered to Catteragus. It like Lewiston is the furthest west you can go in the mission just instead of being on the top it is on the bottom near Pennsylvania. I am pretty excited to see what it is like. I am however a little nervous because it is all on the Reservation (everyone is Native American). My companion (Elder Wood) is even a Native. I am excited to experience what it will be like. I am a little nervous and feel like Ammon or Aaron going to preach to the Lamanites. All I know is that the Lord will be my strength and that there are a lot of HUGE spiders!  It is going to be a humbling experience going from Lewiston to there.

Aside from the excitement and nerves I have experienced some real sadness. Yesterday we met with Bonnie, Larry, and Regina. We had one of the most Spiritual lessons with them and really brought them closer to our Savior. I am really sad that I have to leave, now that they are starting to progress especially when Bonnie came up to my companions and I after the lesson and told us she wants to be baptized this week...I was pretty shocked when she said this but after talking a little bit more we told her she needs to come to church a few more times and go cold turkey on her coffee drinking. She told us she was willing and we are looking forward to a baptism this upcoming month. This is one that I wont be missing either.

I am very grateful for all of these wonderful experiences that I have been having and I am striving to be more and more worthy of these amazing Spiritual experiences. I am so grateful for your prayers and love. You have all been a support and strength to me as I have been about doing the Lord's work.

Love,

Elder Bevan

7/22/13

Dear Everyone,

Well this has been an awesome week for pretty much one reason and that was the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was a pretty sweet experience that I am definitely looking forward to doing again. It was even cooler that we were able to take so many people down there with us. We went 5 out of the six days. It was such a positive Spiritual experience for all of those that went. Hearts were definitely softened and the blessings are continuing to appear.

One of the blessings that came from Pageant was the last night when we took Bonnie, Larry, and Regina. They are the group that we took to the Church History sites. They were so excited for this they even rented a hotel and made a vacation out of it. They also brought a friend. Well anyways the good that came from this was Bonnie is now picking a date for her baptism and is now ready work through the challenges and be baptized, Larry is reading the Book of Mormon and is really wanting to start coming back to church after 50 years, Regina is starting to realize she needs to be a better example, and the friend that they brought is now investigating the church and has a desire to be baptized! All this happened because of this wonderful production. We were truly blessed to be able to have this experience with all the people we took.

One more highlight for this week is we had our first baptism. Ashley Mcklusky. She is 16 years old and has been investigating for a full year now. My companions and I were the clean up crew. We came and did all the hard work ahahahhah no it was really great to be a part of her baptism and to help her overcome some of her issues in order for her to make this sacred covenant. I will be sending pictures next week because I slacked and did not get one at her baptism...I know I am bad. Well That is it for this week. Hope you all are doing well.

 Love

Elder Bevan

7/15/13

Hello Everyone,

So not too much has gone on since last week. A lot of our investigators have been busy so it has been very slow. I will give you some highlights from the week. One of the highlights that happened was we almost got struck by lightning. We were out doing service in the back yard of one of the members. They have a monstrous field that we were digging a trench through and all the sudden this big storm rolls in and just starts going crazy. We thought at first it felt good until this bright flash engulfed us and cracked louder than I have ever heard. It may have been more scary than the time clay and I almost got eaten by a bear hahah. We quickly ran to the house after this and were done for the day.

Another highlight was the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It was awesome! I was really amazed at how big everything was and how with over 5,000 people you were still able to feel the Spirit testify that what was being depicted really happened. It was definitely worth the 3 hour drive!
The last highlight was a fireside yesterday with Vernon Law he was a pitcher for the pirates. It was pretty cool. We were able to hear of his life story and get a signed baseball card. We are supposed to be going to a minor league baseball game tonight but we cant get a ride. I am pretty disappointed. Oh well.

That is about all that has happened aside from the usual exciting encounters with Anti mormons :) There are a lot that are out and about especially in this time of year.

Well all is well here in Lewiston. I can not believe that transfers are only two weeks away!

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment