Friday, August 30, 2013

August 26, 2013

Dear Everyone,

This has been a week to remember! So I have decided to start this off first with a story that I am sure all of you will enjoy hearing. Before I start however I want to let you know that being a missionary has really been a blessing and I have really gained more that I have sacrificed! Until now...So it was about 9:50 pm and I was just laying on my bed reading the scriptures getting ready to finish up a long day when I roll over to see a spider crawling on my bed! It was not small either... I have not moved that fast in quite sometime! I will attach a picture so you can enjoy the experience but lets just say I did not sleep well knowing that there was a good chance I may have one those crawling on my face at night... 



Aside from being scarred for life I have loved this week. The reason for this is because of all the work that was done. We officially started our Corn Soup/Open house at the church. We have done it for two days so far and have already found success! We had to work really hard to make it happen however.
This corn soup is not easy stuff to make and is actually really weird...(Indians...) You start by cooking it with water and ash left over from the burnings of hard wood. Anyways after all that prep work was done it turned out amazing. The Indians were shocked when I said I made it NBD! 
 

Another reason why this week was amazing was because we had Zone Conference so we were able to hear from President Francis. I will give it to that guy, he is the happiest man I have ever met! You wont find a second where he is not smiling. It was a great conference and I learned a lot. I even put in to action all of the commitments he gave to us and so far Elder Wood and I have had a ton of success and have found tons of people to teach by doing so. This work is really inspired and obedience is the price we get to pay for success. 

The last thing I have to say about this week is Elder Wood and I were able to go to the temple with some Recent Converts that have waited for a year and now they are sealed together forever!! It was the coolest things to see. I don't know if there is a happier place in the world than in that sacred place. We need to make sure that we are consistently partaking of the happiness that comes from participating in the work of saving souls in the temple. I have learned so much this week a few things that really stuck out to me this week came mostly from our Zone Conference. I learned that revelation comes as we prepare ourselves to understand the voice that is felt not heard. I also have learned how important it is to be a defender of the truth. We need to make sure we are always standing up for what we know to be true so that others can see our example and come to know the Savior and our Heavenly Father through us. Thank you so much for all your support and words of encouragement. I have really loved the feeling I now have every P-Day!

Love,

Elder Bevan

 
We went to the park last p day and played baseball.
We found these massive mushrooms that we went around smashing

No comments:

Post a Comment