Sunday, August 11, 2013



August 5, 2013

Hello Everyone,

This week has been quite the hum dinger hahah. I have been thrown into a very foreign place! I would have never thought there was anywhere like this in the United States. I will give you a little idea of the living quarters. We are living in an old schoolhouse made in 1850 down in the basement. It is always dark and really moist (smells really funny) oh and tons!!!! of Huge Spiders. The water is contaminated with Sulfur so we have to get our water from a spring. Aside from all of this I love it here!  We live underneath a senior missionary couple (the Jeppesens) so they spoil us with dinner a lot! Thankfully.

The people here are very interesting. There is a lot of prejudice towards the white folk (me), from the natives. This makes for interesting conversations when my companion is a native and they start dogging on white people (me) hahah. Don't worry I have killed them all with kindness :) The Branch here is awesome. There are about 40 people that attend on Sunday out of 300 so there are a ton of inactive members. We have our work cut out for us! Especially because the missionaries before I got here for the most part were slackers and did not really take this serious. I am really excited for all that is ahead. There is a lot of potential here and I know the Lord sees this because we have an extra set of missionaries that came with me!

So yesterday was awesome. It was one of the best sacrament meetings. Even though there is only a few people that attend the Spirit in this Branch is incredible. It was fast Sunday so we were really able to feel the Spirit of those that were in there. I was able to bear my testimony which is not as scary when there are only 40 people in front of you :) After church we were invited to go eat with some members one at 2 for lunch and the other at 5 30 for dinner! I am going to get so fat here! This area has a reputation of fattening up missionaries. I however won't let it happen to me :) Thanks so much for all of your prayers I will keep you posted on all that goes down here in Catt! 

Love,

Elder Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment